Friday, October 03, 2003

Microsoft Agent testing.

I am currently working on a project to make it possible for my blog to read itself, back to you with a Microsoft Agent ®. I will probably get Merlin to do the work since he is preloaded in XP and all I will need to do is have it so that the speech capability is able to be loaded on a link click. If you don't know what an agent is, well..... you probably don't care. If you do, I needn't say more.

If you do want to read some more, you can read more about what an "agent" does and what they can do at the Microsoft Agent Home Page. Don't forget the no-doze and a strong pot of coffee. It is inspiring reading but you have to be inspired to read it through to the end.

I have also added the buttons that will allow the characters to load onto your machine. Several things which might make you a bit more calm about loading this software:

  • It is FREE
  • It was / is created by Microsoft ®
  • Microsoft Agent 2.0 has been designed to be a Microsoft operating system component. As a result, once it is installed it cannot be uninstalled.
  • On operating systems where Microsoft Agent already is an integral component (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me), it also cannot be uninstalled.
  • It is preloaded in Microsoft Windows XP® (both Home and Professional Editions)
  • It's preloaded in the OS so it is here to stay for the long haul. (I have been programming with Agent since it first emerged as Microsoft Agent, Version 1)
  • Your friends will be impressed once you tell them you know all about something that is inside their Operating system that they (probably) didn't even know was there!
  • Happy reading!

    NOTE: If your running XP, you don't need to download either the Microsoft Agent executable, or the Merlin Character. They are already there. The only thing you will need (if you want it) is the other three Microsoft Agent Characters ®, and/or the Text-to-speech engine(s)


    I read the Licensing agreement pages twice, and from what I read, I can put the buttons on my page so you can download the software from Microsoft ® but since I do not (as of this moment) have a licensing agreement with Microsoft®, I can't have you download if from my site. I think I have that right.

    Get Microsoft Agent


    Microsoft Agent Genie download button Microsoft Agent Merlin download button Microsoft Agent Peedy download button Microsoft Agent Robby download button

    If the download does not work, go HERE and choose your download. Microsoft is apparently reworking the site to make it easier to use.

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    No comments: