Monday, October 20, 2003

If you have Sam's Club Credit, rethink it.

We used to use Sam' Club Credit (from Monogram Credit Card Bank of Georgia) but after 9 months of grief and hassles, we had to make sure it was closed with written verification.

The problem started when we started to try and use their online system for payments. The account would get locked out because they has changed the site so much, you have to determine how to navigate through to where you could pay online. The instructions were terrible, and the phone staff were less than congenial. Matter of fact, I was so convinced that one of the last phone support people were capable of abusing their security into my account, I felt I had to request a letter from Sam's Club that the account was closed. At least that way, any transactions past the date of the letter would not be mine and traceable back to the culprit.

One of the major problems the site had was that the phone support could reset passwords and accounts, but the user who wanted to get something accomplished had to wait 24 hours for a reset of the system for changes to take effect. This resulted in you having to wait sometimes from Friday to Monday to pay your online bill. Even then, I had several times where I went in on Monday after getting the account reset on the prior Friday, to only find that the account was still locked out.

I can only say that if you are considering the use of a Sam's Club Credit account, think twice. Even though Wal-Mart has their system pretty much perfected, Sam's Club Credit online system is impossible to use. That in itself makes me question the practices they have put into place to safeguard account information. Anytime I have to talk to someone with phone support about a website issue and they have no idea what I am having a problem with, they are not reliable enough to have my bussiness.

Sorry, I will not post any graphics for businesses I can not feel safe using.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

No comments: