Monday, October 13, 2003

Battlestar Galactica is coming!

December 8th, at 9PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

The best Sci-Fi show of the 70s is coming back in a new mini-series. The Sci-fi Channel is going to broadcast a new Mini-series from the hit show Battlestar Galactica.

I was glancing at the old show(s) while cooking dinner tonight. They are showing them to get everyone primed for the new show coming in December.

If what I have read is true, the writers of the show were LDS. I can really see how many references to what I get to listen to every Sunday, when we get to see our home teachers, and when we get to do home teaching. You really don't see it if you are not LDS, but the show has so many references to Church doctrine. It is amazing that I see it now with such clarity. All the references are there. It is great to see too. I am sitting here listening to the kids chattering about this and that and references to stuff they had in Sunday School (Primary). It is amazing the forethought that was put into the episodes.

If you don't know what I am talking about or want to discuss any of this, drop me an e-mail or call me. It would make me very happy to discuss the different aspects of the show and how it fits right in with everything from the "D&C" to the "Word of Wisdom". Don't forget to be specific about the episodes you want to talk about.

With the new show, I seriously doubt that any references will be retained. You know that Hollywood would not ever want to be accused of doing something that was moral and actually was "pro-religion". Especially, that it's those "Mormons" that might benefit.

Michael "Miserable Failure" Moore


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

No comments: