Tuesday, July 15, 2003

A waste of an afternoon.

I could not do any work with the transcenders this afternoon/evening. There were tornados around and electrical storms passing through. I was not going to chance the loss of $10,000 worth of equiptment to the possibility of a lightining strike. I don't care if I have a UPS on everything or not. Crap, I have a UPS on the TV and even the fridge to stop a possible strike. Allstate would not cover the replacement of anything above $1200 for computer equipment anyway. Now it is coming up on 2200 and I was just able to get the kids into bed. I did get to read them some of chapter 3 of the new Harry Potter book. Everyone was rather antsy so we only read about 12 pages. They were more intersted in the storm. Bridget is at work still. She is closing and learning/doing all the end of the day things. She called about 9 to say there were tornados around Batavia. That one I already knew but I am glad she called all the same. I am not very far from going to bed myself. Now that the kids are safe and secure with sleeping upstairs after the storm has passed. I think I will take my book and head to bed myself. BOOK: How would you move Mount Fuji?, Microsoft's Cult of the Puzzle. William Poundstone. DOH, Bree just returned home from work. I can go to bed now, my watch is over. :)

No comments: