Tuesday, July 29, 2003

"I am not gay bashing" or "Er', I didn't get the point"

I received several e-mails that I was gay bashing Bravo for transfiguring itself (Yep, this time it is a pun) into "The National Gay Network". Well, I really wasn't. If you knew me, you would know that what I was saying is "how much I loth television as a whole nowadays". Besides, how can I bash something which I am not?!? One of my best friends in the world is gay and actually so proud of it, I would list him as a "Militant Gay". Want to read more? Check out Rainbow Cincinnati or GLBT News of Cincinnati. Don't ask me any more about it, he's gay, not me. With the amount of channels that are available on DishTV (I think they're about 400 that we can receive right now), there is about one percent that is actually worth viewing. Obviously, that percentage does not cover the nightly news (which I will not link to) or the NASA channel or FoxNews (which I will). Actually, I used to watch the nightly news On a consistent daily basis. The problem now, is that the news shows are trying to pull you in with special items that really aren't special , and news items that really are not news, but special interest items, tailored to push a political, ethnic, or gender biased agenda. Even the amount of religious programming that is contained on the television is just overwhelming. There is the Mormon channel, the Eternal Word Network, And various other Baptist religious channels. The only thing lacking there is Bhudda Television, "JewVision" and "PopeTV". (The JewVision was a reference from a Jewish friend who suggested it so don't start bitching at me) 20%

No comments: