Monday, July 28, 2003

The Bhuddist Temple in Western Hills

When I spoke to HB, he indicated that he had already been to the temple over in Western Hills, and that the Monks had told him of the assistance I had provided. I know that it hasn't been much, but I don't have a lot of time and it takes takes an hour to get there and an hour to return. From prior experience takes about four hours just to go lower and to inspect to anything that needs to be possibly repaired. Thus, that makes time here with my own family suffer and I don't get things done that I have to get done. I was supposed to be over there at the beginning of last week and I'd just could not find the time. One of the things that really caused problems was the language barrier. That one is pretty difficult to overcome. Considering the cultural differences, and the language differences combined, it's just very difficult. Personally, I feel that they (the monks) were taken advantage of and the purchase of the home. it just seems that the home was not what they needed for a temple, and rather inadequate for the amount of individuals that will be either living there or praying there. Structurally, I'm not sure on the actual number of individuals that could be in the building at any one particular time. I do not believe that this was taken into consideration when they had first considered the purchase the home, building, whatever. Fortunately, the main meditation room is not suspended across to basement area and appears to be firmly planted on solid ground. more on all this later. It's getting too late. 30%

No comments: