Wednesday, July 30, 2003

HOME Work?

I have been busy this evening. I had to do some work with the kids. They might only be 8, 6 and 5, but they do laundry, plan and cook the meals, do the dishes and mop floor. We do all of it as a team so everyone feels like part of the work. They also have to plan the meals to be fairly healthy. if they want chicken nuggets (or something else with a less than savory nature), they have to pick 2 vegetables or one veggie and a salad. I do all the cutting and can opening, but they do the microwaving and oven prep. It's nice to have helpful and capable kids. I always tell the boys, "If you don't know how to cook or clean, you will never get a good wife." My daughter I tell the same thing but add that she needs to pick one that can do everything she can or they are worthless.

No comments: