Wednesday, July 16, 2003

End of the day,

Richard returned from his playdate on time. He was much happier upon his return. The downside was that William is now going through the "I never get to go to anyone's house to play" thinking. His friends are out of town for vacation or just not old enough for a playdate. The kids all collected their change they have earned by cleaning, doing dishes, laundry, picking up sticks and they wanted to go to Wendy's for dinner. They paid so what could I say?!?!? We also stopped at Kroger to pick up some milk and fruit loops for the kids breakfast tomorrow. The Fruit-Loops was as far as I would go into the depths of the cereal isle with a good conscience Bree just returned from work. She looks cute with her "high and tight" flat-top. Well, I started the beast hunks in the crock-pot. I tenderized them for about 20 minutes each with several hundred (against the grain) plunge cuts on each of the 4 sides of each piece. A rubbed in and simmering mixture of salt, ground black pepper, honey, brown mustard, butter, garlic, jalapeƃ±os (heh heh heh) and a little KC Masterpiece BBQ-sauce. Slow cooking overnight on low should not only make the roasts tender as all get-out, but the smell will probably not let me sleep. I hadn't even turned on the heat and I could smell it all through the house. I will read some more on the Fuji book and hit the sack. 30%

No comments: