Saturday, January 24, 2004

What are your priorities?

I have this great shirt with a hula girl on the back. The grass skirt is made or tassels and such and the skirt frayed out. So, I took this up with my sewing nut of a wife. She purchased a nice replacement material to put on the shirt but has never put it on. She bought it about 8 months ago and I have been waiting patiently for her to repair it.

It is not the fact that she has not had the time to do it. It is more the fact that she has made a lot of stuff for everyone else since then. But my shirt still is sitting there.

I finally got so fed up with this that today I finally said something. I wanted to know if all the projects she had been working on were so important that she could not help me (her husband) to get my shirt fixed? Sure, I could have done it. But the point, is that since she is the better sewer (From Merriam-Webster Sewer: one that sews), it would be better if she did the work. The shirt cost about $50 about three years ago, and I do not want to screw it up.

Besides, if I screw it up, I can't afford to replace it. That, and she bought it for me so if it gets trashed, she should be the one to do it.

As of right now, she has been sewing all evening. And even after today's discussion, my shirt is still sitting in a pile of "Things to be sewn".

I just have to remember, You can't get blood from a turnip!


Labelled with ICRA

No comments: