Saturday, January 10, 2004

Some of the best things...

I have commonly found some of the best things, situated with some of the stranger things in life. For example, I have found one of the best classical playlists streamed off of a techno site.

If you go to Digitally Imported, you will see all kinds of Techno, Trance, and House music. All of it is very good. The strange part is if you scroll down the list to the bottom, you will find a channel called Mostly Classical. It is really phenominal. for the last hour, I have been treated to some really inspiring organ music all played on "Mighty Wurlitzer" which if you don't know, is a theater pipe organ. It sounds so good that when it is played, it sounds like it is performed by angels.

The last time I heard the "Mighty Wurlitzer" in Cincinnati was about 1980 with a girl named Terri. I remember because she fell asleep during the performance after working a whole shift an a half. She wanted to go even though she was exhausted. Mainly because I was so happy to get her to go, she wanted to see what it was all about. I remember watching some groggy smiles right when a massive note was played which rattled deep into your bones. It was so inspiring. I can't ever remember hearing anything like it since.


No comments: