Saturday, January 24, 2004

An interview on Tuesday,

On next Tuesday, I have an interview for a position out in Georgetown, at the Veterans Home. It is for a purchasing agent position. I would really like to work out there. That way, I can do some extra work for the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Chapter and such. That is an important site for the DAV. It will support the membership of my chapter and other veterans alike.

I missed out on the position I was best qualified for because of a paper problem. Someone apparently lost or mistakenly disposed of my resume package. I had even hand delivered it to the person in charge of the open position hiring. I thought things would not work out for that job anyway. I received several calls from the contact person and when I arrived at the appointment time she had arranged, she had completely no recollection of her scheduling the meeting. Or the fact that she had arranged for me to come out there to see her, at a specific time and meet in a specific room. She had even volunteered to give me a short tour of the facility since I had previously held the position of Adjutant for DAV Chapter 1. No good deed ever goes unpunshed. That was too bad. I was 800% qualified for that position. This one I am probably only 100% qualified for.

The call I am really hoping for is a Senior Computer Analyst position. I found it a few weeks ago. There is also a very nice "Call Center Manager" position at the same government agency. Either one of those would be fantastic to get into. The Call Center position has apparently been open since 17 November of last year. I can't figure out why they have had it open for so long?!?

Any way you look at it, I might be back to work inside a couple of weeks. (I Hope)


No comments: