Thursday, January 22, 2004

A call for pictures and video.

With my recent craze with genealogy and archiving things, I want everyone I know to send me as many digital pictures as they can. No stupid poses or butt shots. But real pictures that mean something. I am going to put them all together and publish them somehow.

I just reread my latest project book, "How to get your book published - For Dummies" and it does not sound very hard. So, what the hey. No one will buy it unless their pictures are in it but that is not the point. The point is to keep things (memories) so they can be passed down.

One of my favorite video clips I have ever taken is while I am walking around in the back yard with Uncle Lou at his home in Georgia. He is oblivious to the camera and pays it no mind at all. Just like it isn't there at all. He is talking about his tomatoes and how they really have trouble growing unless he fertilizes them. Then breaks into a side piece

"Katty invites those hens over and gives away all my tomatoes. I don't grow'em for them old women, I grow'em for her and I".
It is one of the best and funniest things I have ever seen. He is so serious, and just rants about things which most people would never say anything about. The best part, is after I nearly dropped the camera and finally stop laughing, he stops walking and get real serious.
"Now I don't want you to tell Katty any of this stuff. That's just between you and me, OK? I don't want to get her all upset about it."
Ya gotta love it. Ranks up there with the best Monty Python skit. I will have to transfer it over to digital and post it.


No comments: