Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Personal Ancestry information

Tonight, Bridget and I added more names to our Personal Ancestry file. I really like the new version that came out. It is much easier to add in all the names and such. Plus, it is much easier to add in photos, videos and pictures with audio attachments. I added in some really good pictures and will add my videos for everyone later on.

In the area of videos. I think I have digital video for my Grandparents, and Parents. And I know I have video from most of Bridget's family too. That way, I can keep things available for archiving in a much more useful manner. If someone in a hundred years or so wants to see these people, they will be able to.

I really think this is interesting and fun to do. I didn't like messing around with it but it is too much like a puzzle to not enjoy matching up names and the like.

One of the best sites to use as a reference is FamilySearch.org. There you can do just incredible things that will help you search for your ancestry. It's an LDS site, but that does not matter since it is open to the public.

Most people don't even know that one of the three main genealogy libraries in the country (and probably the world) is the main public library in Cincinnati. It is huge, and also free. If you have any questions about doing your genealogy, just ask. If I can't answer your question, I know lots of people who are trained in this and are able to answer the really tough ones. The best part is that none of this is hard. Shoot, with the way things are with the internet now, your family tree is probably already mapped out. You will just have to find out where it is documented.


No comments: