Saturday, January 17, 2004

They gave up?

One of my friends I normally chat with on the net, told me her friends son (who is 30) just committed suicide. He had an eleven year old daughter. Now what? (Actually, I do not know what else to say) This is one of those times where a Grandparent, turns into an instant Parent.

What could it be to make someone abandon their child? This wasn't someone with an adult (22 year old) child. It was a little girl. Is it the fact that he thought she was old enough to take care of herself and not need him? Or was it that he felt that she didn't care for him and figured it didn't matter? I was not told if there was a note left, but I guess that will come out later on.

I have seen lots and lots of people with severe depression over the years. Mainly in the military where it is exceptionally easy to get depressed. But normally, people show the signs that they don't care anymore. But is it that they didn't care, just not paying attention, or the people around him were not taking anything serious?

Honestly, this is not the only instance of suicide I have heard about in the last month. My friend Chris told me about a friend of his who did the same thing.

Makes you think. What is important? Or, what makes you go on living? Or even, what makes a person just give up?


No comments: