Saturday, January 17, 2004

Play with your kids and expect the police at your door.

Tonight, I was wrestling with the kids. Nothing much. Just playing with them before bed. I was tickling Richard and he said something I didn't expect. "If you don't stop, I am going to get Mom to call the cops on you!"

That caught me so off guard, I didn't know what to say. So I told them to get into bed, turned off the lights, left the room, and closed the door on my way out. I guess that I will no longer be able to play with the kids.

If tickling gets a call to the police, I wonder what would happen if I made them do chores? Probably get me reported to HRS. I guess there is nothing I can do anymore. Too bad. I used to like to play with the kids. Guess the idea of "family fun" is now an oxy-moron.

Heaven forbid one of them ever gets the flu. I can see it now. I give them some tylenol to get the fever down. Then have them sleep in the same bed. I would probably end up in court like Michael Jackson. Except for me, it would be for forcing over the counter medication to a minor and then having them sleep in the same bed. I would get 20 years, but really doubt I would get a "60 minutes" special.


No comments: