Wednesday, August 06, 2003

A thought from 2002 on flying (Part 1)

My thoughs before takeoff: I wanted to tell you about my last flight. As I am staring across the boarding area before boarding the plane, It was amazing to see the women who was dressed to kill with her 4 (and 5) inch stiletto heals, leather pants, and tight silk or chamois shirt. It was very confusing to see, considering even her hair was the Perfect Cosmopolitan style and the makeup only a movie star could get.
(Bridget and I know a Chiropractor who has this type of look. She pops my back into place once every 6 months. This is not a bad thing, everyone has to have his or her own priorities)
What is all the commotion?: The most interesting part about this woman was her composure while obtaining her seat from the gate counter. the more interesting part was her look mild panic and mannerisms which burst with true fear once on the plane. While in line and waiting for the Airline rep to fix what ever mundane problem was with her ticket, she was cool, large, and incharge. The "I am beautiful and I will get what I want because of it", attitude was a little much. If you consider the man who was helping her. He was more concerned with the 400 pound man behind her (with the really sweat stained jacket) than he was concerned with her. But from the commotion that ensued, I imagine she received all the perks she so despiratly wanted (and in her mind, deserved). While boarding: while making my way back to the "normal people" section of the plane, I walked by her "first class” seat. I instantly saw her for what she was. You could see the suave sophistication disappear and see the fear that developed in her stare while looking at every passenger that came aboard. It was like she was some self proclaimed personality analyst who was attempting to determine if the 90 year old man with the walker was a terrorist preparing to take over the aircraft. This proved to me that people like that are not worth getting near. They attract trouble like flies on dog poop. Remember, in 2002, people were still terrified of flying. 05%

No comments: