Friday, August 29, 2003

The non-sleepy syndrome

Last night, Richard could not sleep because he ate two bratwurst and a load of macaroni and cheese, plus a rather large bowl of Chocolate chip ice cream. Once that big ole meal sat in his tummy for a couple of hours, he just could not get to sleep. I could tell he was tired so we had him sleep in our bed. Richie has the bad habit of wrapping up in every blanket there is on a bed. So, when I got in, he was radiating about 110 degrees. So I unwrapped him and cooled him off and he was fine. The only problem, is he is a very "active" sleeper. Dang kid kicks, twitches, rolls, and stretches all night. What makes it worse is I hug him tight all night so he can't squirm very much. I think it makes him angry when he is asleep. Tonight, it is a light dinner and it should be good sleeping weather. It is supposed to rain. That extra humidity will help the AC units transfer more heat out of the house too

No comments: