Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Is your antivirus updated?

If your using Computer Associate's eTrust, McAfee's Antivirus, Norton Antivirus, or some other antivirus, your probably already screwed. The only antivirus which was patched and up to date within hours of the first reports of the latest virus was TrendMicro. So far today, I have had 8 people call me about their PC having problems. I have even changed my voicemail to state "if your having virus problems, contact your antivirus manufacturer", because I can't help everyone. One person called and told me they never did buy the antivirus I instructed them to get in March. I told them they had to fix it themselves. I can't and won't help anyone who won't listen after requesting assistance. Then expect me to bail them out. Mean?, probably. worth me spending 8 to 10 hours fixing their PC for free, NO. This just means I already wasted 6 hours of my time in March. If your pattern files are not up to date, please either update them or delete me from your address book because I would like to avoid this one. Questions about this one? Don't e-mail me, pick up the phone and give me a call. Good Luck.

No comments: