Sunday, August 10, 2003

Another raccoon sleeping in the pickup,

I mistakenly left the back window open in the pickup again. Since the kids are vacationing, and Bree is gone, there is not much activity outside after dark. Therefore, when I went out to the truck on Saturday morning, there was a raccoon sleeping on the driver side floorboard. He (or at least I think it was a he) was fat and happy after eating a pack of French Fries, 2 packs of sunflower seeds and about 14 packets of ketchup. I am not sure if he was playing opossum (heh heh heh) or genuinely asleep after I opened the truck door and asked him to leave. But after shaking the truck and breaking out the garden hose. I imagine he realized I was going to give him a bath with the hose if he did not get out so he sauntered out and ambled away towards the garage. I am happy; he did not take a big raccoon poop in my truck.

No comments: