Wednesday, November 12, 2003

A Sunday night call,

Sunday night, I received a phone call from Jon. (He is my son from my first marriage) That call was something I never expected to happen. It will take a couple of days to finish digesting the conversation. Apparently he wants to be an EMT after high school. That changes every time I speak to him, but due to the current situation, I can only really talk to him for a few minutes once a year or so. Jon's senior picture But at least he has his sights on something that will never be unneeded. There will always be a need for medical personnel.

Sidebar, I knew this when I was in but didn't have the need to go as far as that. I even tried to apply to get into the physicians assistant program while in the Navy but didn't have enought time left and enough core-reqs to get in under the age limit. But at least I tried.

Back to Jon. The picture here is his senior picture. You can't tell it from this picture, but he is very tall. Much taller than me or my father. If everything works out, he should graduate from High School in May or June. I don't know the date or anything. If I hear anything more from him, I will post it.


No comments: