Saturday, November 29, 2003

Cold feet should be accompanied by a guilty conscience.

Things here are starting to get back to full health. For the last 7 days, someone has had either a case of the flu or a stomach virus. This means I have had little ones snuggled up next to me every night. This also means a severe lack of restful sleep for me and someone constantly kicking me in the side 40 times a night.

This all night kicking routine is nothing new. I usually have Bridget doing that with her "feet of ice" every night. We had started putting a blanket in the dryer to heat up and then I would wrap her feet up to get them warm. Since she has been going to bed 2 hours later than me, she will not do it herself and thus can't get to sleep. That is not my fault so I keep a big barricade of pillows between us. That way, she can't stick her cold feet on my back to warm them up. You know, I should be mad when she does that, but she has done it for nearly 10 years now so I guess I am used to it now.


No comments: