Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Job interview today

I delivered my resume and application for a position at the Ohio Veterans Home in Georgetown. The woman who was to meet me apparently forgot the conversation (Or was just surprised that I actually was there as she scheduled). Not that it matters. With a State job, they go by the application. I was also able to submit an SF-171 that shows I am a disabled Veteran. Not that it will make a difference in the process. By all accounts, I am ahead of everyone else who applies who is not a disabled Veteran. There is a way that is supposed to work:

  • Disabled Veteran,
  • Veteran,
  • Non-Veteran,
  • Whether that accountability really happens or not I am not too clear on. The people down at the VA indicated it is not clearly adhered to most of the time.

    I also have to take an application and resume to the Veterans Hospital downtown later on. I am allowed to keep a resume and application on file for 6 months since I am a Disabled Veteran.


    No comments: