Sunday, September 07, 2003

Sunday was the day for an outing.

Bridget wanted to see the Ohio Renaissance Festival and I figured it would be fun. Well, it turned out that it was the best time I have had in the last 16 months (Since the family went to Disney World with my Mom & Dad).
Imagine a day where there is; No rushing to meet a schedule, No mean people, No pissy park employees, No hot blacktop to walk around on (there is lots of fresh soft grass), and everyone there treated you like a VIP. Things like; "Glad to see you", "Is there anything I can do for you?, and "You look like you had fun!" (See next paragrph about the mud show) Shoot, even the other visitors were nice which was rather like a scene from "The Stepford Wives" but I am not going to complain. There were lots of great shows that the kids as well as Bridget and I loved. They were all just pure fun and sillyness. The best was the Mud Show where you sit in an arena that surrounds a big sloppy mud pit. I am not going to say more except the this was great. I got so muddy, everyone in the park said "So, I see you have been to the mud show" and the like. The food was good, the weather was great, we were treated like real people and no one was anything but wonderful. This week, it was "Come as you were" days. Where everyone was dressed up like what ever they had relating to the renaissance period or the like. Lots of Knights, Wenches, and squires. Not to mention lots of boobs (every woman appeared to have a substantial push up bra or bodice). Even the side shows we saw have web sites so you can peek. * The Pickled Brothers Sideshow, * The Swordsmen's, * Theatre in the Ground, Don't take my word for it, just go see it and enjoy. I also want to say thanks to Kroger for the discount on tickets and for being what apparently is a very large sponser.

No comments: