Friday, September 19, 2003

Another app out in today's email

Just sent an e-mail containing all the pertentent information to Raytheon Polar Services for a position in Colorado. It appears to be very similar to both the MIS position I had while Active duty (talking to Admirals and Captains) to the GE Domino manager position where I had to not only work with the GE "Super managers" but the IT people who were doing the grunt work on the systems. I hope I hear back from this one. I would love to work with this company. I had gone out to Colorado about 4 years ago to an Antartic job fair, but found it more political than a search with people who knew their stuff and had experience. I was actually turned away from some positions once they new I was a retired Navy Chief. Since Raytheon took over, I feel I might have a better chance to get in. Even though the position is not one that deploys, it still sounds like an interesting position all the same.
Here is the current view at the south pole. It should update every 10 minutes but you will not see much till it is summer there.

And don't tell me it is too dark to see (duh). It is winter, turning into spring at the time of this posting. Think about that for a second before e-mailing me about it.

No comments: