Saturday, September 06, 2003

BattleTech scores another big hit

BattleTech Firestorm @ Dave & Busters Cincinnati
Dave & Busters in Cincinnati has Tesla II installed and it is hot!
The regulars I have spoken to are stoked. The Graphics are deep and heavy and flushes look like they are supposed to. The only example I can give is, if you run Mechwarrior4 on a system over 2.8Ghz, and 128 bit video, you have a smidgen of what it is like. The only way you can come close is to build a cockpit under your stairs and play from there. (That is rather odd, that is what I do.) The schedule for events are not really up to tournment play in Cincy, but there is a Sunday night regulars event every week. You can play from 5PM to midnight on 4 swipes. Richard wants to go next weekend but I imagine we will have to wait to see what is happening before I can commit to him to go. We did go to Dave & Busters for William's Birthday. The Family Fun Center in Eastgate is now gone (much to my surprise) and luckily, we had credit on my Power card from 2 years ago. In other words, we didn't have to spend any money on the games and William (and everyone else) still got to play all the games and blast each other on BattleTech. I read the card before I left and it said we have 60 credits still available. Richard and I both have printouts stating we get 50 credits each from D&B for our birthdays so we can go next Sunday for the weekly regulars "frag" event.

No comments: