Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Secure IM communications?

iGo Incognito.

Where I am currently working, there are no instant messengers. Even though several of the ports associated with IMs are blocked, I have not received, (and I believe I will never receive) a security statement from the company so I am not sure what "is" and "is not" allowed. I can not even get a dresscode guideline for that matter. I am rather apprehensive in logging on to this network anyway with the way it was handled. Anyway, the reason I started this entry is to say that the IM I am using is the one that works nearly every time, and in nearly every instance.

The only one that works is iGo Incognito. This little app works where most do not and each and every message (and attachment) is encrypted. On top of all that, it is free! You just need to download the client (which I have used for over 2 years now) and make an account.

So, if you want to talk to me while I am reworking PowerPoint presentations, you will have to use this. Just remember that my account ID is "Todd" and that is it. Say hello if you like. I will be here. (Barb and "D", send me a message to see if this thing is working.)

If you want to know what I am doing, just go to my work log. It covers everything. It will not make any sense to you, but it does to me.


labeled with ICRA

No comments: