Thursday, February 26, 2004

Finally, a paycheck

Today I finally received a paycheck for the work I have been performing. This was great, but it was not the monumental occasion I had expected. I believe that after it all comes down to the end, I will not be doing anything with this except the "extreme measure" results.

This paycheck will be dived up by percentage. Lets see...

  • 33% has to be held for taxes which were not taken out,
  • 10% will end up going to my lawyer to decipher what my legal responsibilities will be,
  • 05% will go to the garbage man,
  • 03% will go to my internet service provider,
  • 03% to the local public school for fees,         (IMHO, this is extortion and complete bull)
  • 10% to the,
  • 23% goes to the State of Florida,         (I will not say anything about this. If you don't know, don't ask)
  • 04% to fill up the van, the truck and the gas can,
  • 01% to buy a new horn and signal lights for my pickup,         (the horn gave out after only 14 years. Can you believe that?)
  • 01% for the kids to do the annual festival at school,         (for the last 3 years, they have went so it is an event for us)
  • 10% goes to JCPennys for pants I needed to work at this job,
  • and other items. Just these items add up to over 103% so I am already screwed.


    No comments: