Friday, February 20, 2004

Feelings on a funeral for a friends family member.

Be on the watch out for yourself now. The thing that mainly goes on during times like your having is everyone expects an outpouring of empathy and sympathy for themselves and their problems. Not necessarily for the deceased whom they have gathered to remember.

II have seen it too many times in gatherings I have attended for various people I have known.

One reason I do not ever want a funeral for myself. My kids (all 4 of them) and Bridget are the only ones who should even be aware that something happened to me. Everyone I know now did not know me at the time of my birth, so they do not need to know if I die. Hopefully that will not be for a very long time.

Referring to bad feelings at or after a funeral. My Step-Uncle and (sort of) Aunt on my mother’s side were money worshipers. They put my parents through a lot of grief for the all-mighty dollar. I am not saying my Uncle was a bad man. Matter of fact, I like him a lot even though I was not ever close to him. To my knowledge, he was a good man. He loved his kids, and he loved his parents. He had his own problems and beliefs of what was happening in his life and others lives. The bad part was that for no good reason just took matters out on my Mom. In my opinion, I think it was just spite. She just was a scapegoat for his misunderstanding of my grandfather’s life. Life is what we make of it. My Uncle smoked heavily all the time I knew him. That was what finally provided a slow and painful death from lung cancer and various other things, which I would never wish upon anyone.

You have enough of your own. You do not need to start taking on the problems of your family. Beware of people asking for things and the like. Even though this is a time of remembrance, just remember #1. That should be your main goal. Remember, in your life, the #1 person is Barb. I don’t think you do enough for that person because you don’t realize that is the most important person in your life.

I am not sure how I want to end this. I will have to think about it for a while when I have time.


This entry has been labeled under ICRA criteria.  Please visit www.icra.org for more information about this rating system.

No comments: