Saturday, February 28, 2004

Ayer Elementary Festival.

Today was the annual festival for Ayer Elementary. There were games and things for the kids. Lots of things to eat with all that sugary goodness. I think the kids there today ate so much sugar that half were about to fall into a diabetic coma. It lasted 4 hours.

There was a big raffle too. All kinds of things were given away. The one thing I wanted to get was a private tour of WLWT studios for 10 people. That would have been great. But I didn't win it. That is OK. Some kid with a big smile did.

Apparently the volunteer base was way down this year. There were more teachers doing things than I have seen before. Personally, that is why I go. I like to meet all the teachers and see how they interact with the kids. Mainly because I do not have the patience that most of them have. I am really glad that they do.

That was about it for that event. All in all, it was a real good time and if we are still here next year, I know we will be back and play the same games again. We will just be saying hello to new teachers.


No comments: