Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Where is G.I.Jane?

I was looking around the G.I.Joe site and was surprised to find out there are no women military personnel. I could swear that there were women in the military. I did find some in the "Cartoon" section where they were all very large breasted and carried laser weapons and the like.

I wrote Hasbro an e-mail to ask what they had planned for women figures. I figure this is something they are just passing by to not upset the general population or some other legal dodge. I will post an update when I get a reply. But I doubt that they know there are women Sailors, Solders, and Marines.

And NO, you can't just interchange Barbie and G.I.Joe. The clothes don't fit (Maryann always tries to do this) but the military minded woman rarely has extra long hair and a cheesy smile. They are usually strong willed, determined and completely conform to the "Work hard, Play hard" mentality.


No comments: