Monday, December 15, 2003

It could be the start of CRS?

As you know from reading my blog, we have had some problems with the dryer lately. Well, this time the timer has failed. I will replace the time once we return home from my parents next week.

AIn the mean time, Bridget told me its not a problem if you know to set the timer on the stove. That way, you know to check the dryer in 20 minutes or so. She told me she was not concerned and would not need the timer (or something like that). This made me feel much better knowing that I didn't have to worry about the dryer repair until after Christmas.

UNTIL TODAY!

After Bridget had left for work, I did some paperwork, searched for new job postings online, and helped Maryann get ready for school. About the time she was ready to go out, I had everything in the house turned off so it was pretty quiet. The radio is usually on in the morning because I typically have Glenn Beck playing.

It is pretty cold today so the furnace was making it's usual drone in the basement. But for some reason, I thought it sounded funny. So I took a step into the basement and immediately recognized the dryer running. Since I had replaced the thermostat, It heats up to the normal hot temperature pretty fast. In other words, It had been running for an hour unbeknownst to me.

On thing you have to say here is, "Those clothes were absolutely dry". I pulled everything out real quick to check for a problem. (It was stuffed to about 110% capacity) Everything was fine and no longer was there a possibility of a "problem". With the disaster averted, I finished getting Maryann out to the bus stop.

It was apparent that we missed the bus so I drove up to school. Crisis over, no longer anything to worry about.

But is there a problem? Is it that I am so much of an equipment operator and safety person that I checked everything? Or is it that Bree is just in the first stages of CRS? Could it be she is just goofy? I would put that down as a yes. Sure, that is nothing new. She forgets stuff, breaks things, and generally walks around oblivious to common sense thinking. This is nothing new. She has been like that since the first time I met her.

The first time we ever went out, I was dropping her off at the ship. She got out of my truck and then tried to close the door with her hip. This immediately caved in the door of my brand new truck to the depth of about 4 inches. No, it was not because she has a big butt. Matter of fact, she was very petite. Anyway, this should have been a warning of future events, but I dismissed it as an accident.

I guess the problem now is, does she do these hazardous things because she is goofy? Or is there a larger problem at hand? Is the onset of CRS something I need to be concerned with, or do I just need to buy more fire extinguishers?

Only time will tell


No comments: