Thursday, December 06, 2007

Today's 'Fact of the holidays'

People wonder why I dislike the 'holiday season' so very much. Sure, my ex had a lot to do with it. As well as the bills, the constant barrage of 'Christmas sales', (See footnote number 1 below) 'Holiday commercials' and 'special television shows', Plus the need for some to 'out do the neighbors' in Christmas lights and decorations. These are just a few of the things that makes me want to throw up.

If your saying "get over it" or something along those lines, then go screw yourself. My life, my thoughts, my blog. You don't like it, don't read it. Even better, make up an 'Anti-Todd blog' to rebut me. I would be glad to read it.

Even company hold music is Christmas music.

I have had to be on hold for about 90 minutes earlier in the day and every time, there is Christmas music playing when I am on hold. I can't stand this anymore.

Of all places, I called the phone company 4 times today and yesterday to assure my voice mail was still working. Apparently, someone important had called to tell me that they didn't get an answer. I had to make sure it was set up correctly (after they updated the service a week ago). Well, after a 3 minute lecture on fixing static on my phone line by a recording, I spoke to a woman who put me on hold for 8 minutes, they subsequently transferred me to to someone else, who put me on hold for 12 minutes, who then transferred me to another person who either couldn't or wouldn't help me to get my voice mail fixed. This kind of thing makes me want to get rid of the phones all together. Of course I can't right now, but I sure would like to. (See Footnote #2)

Anyway, after yesterday and today's bout with the phone company, I had to endure about an hours worth of combined time with various doctors offices. All of them had this irritating jolly music that just made me more and more angry with every passing minute..

What ever happens, don't get sick this month!

A new billing period for Medical.

Isn't it just grand that the new billing period for your medical deductions starts on October 1st?!? That means that if anyone in the family is sick, you get the bill for the deductibles just in time for Christmas (when everyone else has broken your spirit and emptied your bank account. It is comforting to know that there are parents all around the country, just worrying themselves into an early grave because the kids got sick from some stomach virus they brought home from school before Halloween. Or maybe, they have to see the doctor because they just received a bill for the $3000 of the deductible cap for the 2008 fiscal year just after Thanksgiving. I guess you could call it a after dinner treat.

I know we received enough medical bills to crush any kind of thought of Christmas surprises for the kids. If that was not enough, I still have bills I know are coming from when I was injured at work and no one will pay. That in itself is a medical bill list to destroy my holiday spirit on it's own. Or should I say, 'Enough to suck the life blood from me, just as things looked their darkest."

Footnote #1: Christmas sales are BS since they could have sold the stuff at the discounted price, brought more people in and made up the difference in the first place. So, Stuff the 'Christmas sales'.

Footnote #2:The phone company is not the only one to provide phone service. Shoot, Walgreen's and Kroger sell prepaid cell service which works just as good. I will have to price everything this week to see who is best.

This page is labeled with ICRA

No comments: