Thursday, April 07, 2005

Getting blood from a turnip

This entry is currently being revised. Please check back in a little while. This thought is not yet complete!

Yesterday we received a credit card in the mail we didn't order or apply for. Thus, I am in 'credit-fraud panic' for the next 15 days.

So far, I have done the only things I know to do. I have requested a credit report from the three credit bureaus to do a credit check. I am holding off on putting a fraud alert on my accounts until I do a little checking first. I figure that the only accounts we have are protected and not able to be defrauded very easily.

Upon closer investigation, the three credit bureaus which are supposed to provide you with a copy of 'your personal information', will not do so unless you either pay for 'your personal information', or have had something bad happen to you.

This does not even have anything to do with the two recient credit information disasters that have happened in the last months time. I will not get into that but you can find more by doing a google search.


No comments: