Thursday, April 28, 2005

Defining the color code

Sex bracelet? Or just a rubber band with a big imagination?Before modern times, (OK, back in the time of the cavemen) men would just club a woman, drag her back to their cave, and then have their hairy way with her. It seems that today's youth have an even more inventive game to play, "Snap".

Girls wear different colored jelly bracelets, and the guys attempt to "snap" the bracelets off. Depending on the color bracelet the guy snaps, he gets a sexual reward. So, does this mean if you grab a slap bracelet, you get to slap her? Well, that is not what is happening. Things are a little more intense than just an innocent slap or snap.

The internet is a wonderful thing. There is actually a whole website devoted to this specific idea. Yes, there is a detailed FAQ and Yes, you can buy them there too if I am not mistaken. Be sure to read the FAQ if you are worried that little 4th graders are playing games on the playground not authorized by their parents. This seems to be more of a hoax than a fact for kids. But just the same, I am still watching what the kids bring home and talk about when they were at school. They are not that slick that they can get away with things (yet).

Sex Bracelet Color Code

  • Black - Sexual Intercourse
  • Blue - Blow Job
  • Red - Lap Dance
  • Green - Cunnilingus
  • Clear - Your Choice
  • Orange - Kiss
  • Yellow - Hug
  • Purple - Anal Sex
  • Silver - Fisting
  • White - Titty Flash
  • Pink - Flashing
  • Gold Glitter - Make Out
  • Brown - Tossed Salad
  • Glow in the dark - Sex Toy Fun 
How many moms and dads, do you think, are confiscating their daughters jelly jewelry after hearing reports of this on the news? "Amanda, I don't care that it matches your purple shoes. You are NOT leaving this house, wearing that purple jelly bracelet and that's FINAL!"

I have found numerous instances of this on the net.  When I asked a friend who just graduated from high school if this was really happening, she responded with a resounding "Yes".  So hide the bracelets there kids unless you have half a brain and don't listen to crap like this.

The new "twist" on keeping parents oblivious

One of the new parts of this, is that you can go to most stores and find these colored bracelets embossed with a hundred different sayings (on only one side) Many of the bracelets are wide and you see phrases like "W.W.J.D." and "In God We Trust", and things like that. The point is that I have seen many girls with these bracelets with the phase turned inside by their arm. This takes the innocent bracelet and makes it available to be used as a means to an end. Not that everyone buying these items are doing this.

Better to ask than not.

I have done some asking around. I have asked girls in pairs & in public places, where lots of people were around for my safety. I have asked why they turn their bracelets inside-out? Most just answer and coily smile, turn, and walk away. I have been telling them that my daughter told me about this and that I was trying to find out what she said was true. Half of the time I had my daughter with me, so I didn't look like a nutcase for asking. That, and I currently have a big scruffy beard, burr haircut, a fedora, and usually have work clothes on. That in itself is enough to scare the crap out of most people. Anyway, the breakdown of whom I asked and what their responses were are as follows:
  • All of them were wearing jelly or rubber bracelet,
  • I asked 14 girls,
  • All of which I would age from 14 to 17,
  • None of the girls had an adult around and it appeared that all had one in the group/pair that was driving the rest around
  • All of them knew what I was asking about and why,
  • 6 of them said that it was "a bunch of crap"
  • I believe 8 had the bracelets inside out
  • Of those 8, when asked if they turned it inside-out themselves (on purpose), all said "yes"
So, there you go. It isn't pretty, but I wanted to know the specifics. Sure, I am not worried about my kids (yet). But I always feel that I would rather know the stuff that goes on with kids in school, than putting my head in the sand and ignoring the problem until it bites me in the ass.
By the way, I have language filtering turned on in my blog. If your offended by what I have said, either turn on your filtering software, don't come back here, or put your head in the sand. Sometime reality sucks.
Personally, I hope watches don't enter into this. One of the girls said "Well, your wearing a silver watch and you know what that means!!!" I didn't know what she was talking about until I came home and looked at my list. She knew what it meant, as well as the 14 or so year old that was with her because they were laughing about it. If it does translate over, I think I am in big trouble.


No comments: