Friday, December 16, 2005

Scams and Hoaxes

I am continuously bombarded by people who send me forwarded e-mails ranging from the practical and bizarre. About 99.6% of these messages are hoaxes or scams. Some of the people who send me this items are Doctors, Executives, Military Officers, business owners, and for the most part, are the smartest people I have met in my life. The only thing, they are way too trusting.

The malicious miscreants that will send you an e-mail proposing that you sign and forward a petition to help a child with cancer are in my book, as low as a pedophile. These types of animals get their kicks by preying on a normal persons good nature and feeling that they can do something to help someone they have no connection with. They should be prosecuted and put in jail with a sign that they are predators of the innocent.

Well, to stop this from happening to you or to help you from forwarding on this type of abuse, I have put in a link to one of the better sites for finding out the scams from the truth.

Trend Micro's Scams and Hoaxes page.

Instead of rambling on about how this works or that functions, just click on the link and go there. Either now, or the next time you get an e-mail telling you that if you reply, Bill Gates will give you a thousand dollars.

Just be careful. That, and if you send me one of these hoaxes or Scams, I will promptly scold you for being gullible.


No comments: