Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Ranger is gone forever.

Today, is the last day I will ever see my Ranger. It is gone forever. The next time anyone sees it, the body will be on a 4x4 frame and have some other paint scheme.

I spoke to the Claims Adjuster at CSX. He said he with my claim and has agreed with whath happened. Not that something so bizarre could ever not happen as I said. He is going to send me a check for the Blue book value. Even though it is only worth $2,505.00, it is something.

I went over yesterday and pulled the last few things out of it. It is hard to imagine that I drove that truck since July 1991. I lived in that thing. Drove it over 240,000 miles too. I will miss it dearly but It was about at the end of it's life. Dents, starting to rust, and just kinda worn out is what I was when I looked it over or the last time.

The sad part, is that the new truck I bought is the same color pickup.


No comments: