Thursday, June 17, 2004

Letter of acceptance received

Today, I received my letter of acceptance from AMDG for their Railroad Conductor Training Program. I start on July 5th. I have to fill out some paperwork tomorrow but that should be a piece of cake.

With all the disparaging and degrading things that are happening in the Information Technology world, I don't want continue to be caught in the downward spiral of layoffs, pay cuts, and back stabbing. The stress of being laid off is very debilitating to me.

This is going to be a fresh start where I can get a new start and get in with an old technology which should prosper in the next few decades with the way the world is going. I have to start studying the signals and such before I get to the class. That way, I can be ahead of the situation and get the other things I need to learn out of the way easier and faster than the rest.

If things keep going as they are with fuel prices and all the other associated rising costs of transporting goods, the railroads will have to take up the slack with an infrastructure already built to take on at least 300% more freight traffic.


No comments: