Thursday, June 17, 2004

Good to sweat (a lot)

While I was working outside today, I did some work around the yard I am happy about. I moved and stacked about 2 cords of wood. Sure, I only moved it about 70 feet, but 20 feet of that is uphill to another platu above. I moved all of it from an area in the bottoms of the lower meadow. I had intended to go along the back side of the cemetary but changed my mind to put it in line with the other 3 cords.

It was very enjoyable to sweat a lot while doing it. I was in shade most of the time but it was still in the mid 80s so I did clear out some toxins in the process.

One bad problem is that I have a fair case of Poision Oak on my hands but the wood had to be moved.

There are about 40 trees that I know can come down easily. Most are close to the wood storage area too. I will have to drop four trees first to make a storage shelf about 20 feet long. I figure I will notch them like a log cabin wall and put four logs across 3 sleepers. That should be rather easy, if I can get a bit of help in maneuvering the cross pieces. If nothing else, I can move them with the truck and my block and tackle. Bree can help rig it out. Shoot, we could probably do a lot that way without any help. The only help we get is from Ian and Melissa next door and that is enough for most major work.


No comments: