Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Well, I don't think I would have chosen that myself

This entry is currently being revised. Please check back in a little while. This thought is not yet complete!

While I was down at Jon's Graduation (for another post later), Bridget bought a new shower curtain. We had discussed it sometime before I left so I didn't think anything else about it.

I returned home and while trudging through the debris, I noticed a new shower curtain. It was a nice one and I thought about the implications of this wondrous new purchase to myself for a moment. I say this because we have a very "resale worthy" paint scheme in the house. In the event we can sell, we would not have much to do in the way of painting or cleaning up major portions of the house. The bathroom is a prime example of this neutral motif. The walls, tub, towels, vanity, toilet, shower enclosure (tiled area), and even the opaque lightbulbs are all white. The tile floor is what I would call a tan-rust-brown combination. Very easy to match to anything in the way of accessories or fixtures. This is where the curtain comes in.

When I first noticed the new shower curtain, I new there was going to be trouble from Bridget. The thing looked very nice. It had a nice texture and looked like it would hang very nicely.....

If the bathroom was a medium to dark Purple!
There in lies the trouble. Not that the color does not go with anything within our home, but that I made her choose something. Yes, the blame for a purple shower curtain is all on me.

But honestly, I doubt that I would have repeated my questions further than "Did you get a new shower curtain", if she had not told me it cost around $25 at J.C.Pennys. Sure, a $7 shower curtain from Wally-World could be any color or theme imaginable, and never cause me a second thought. But for $25, it better match the colors in the bathroom, or wash my back when I get in the shower

I am now the person responsible for making her make a bad decision in the first place. It is not like she could have chosen a color that matches. No, it is my fault. She told me I didn't tell her what to get. OK, call me a fool for allowing an adult to make a common sense decision. Well, that won't happen again.


No comments: