Sunday, May 23, 2004

Arrogant? Yes - Funny? (from my P.O.V.), Oh yes!

This is another one from years ago. But I think it is funny and normally pisses people off for the arrogance factor. So I am posting it again for no good reason except I think it is smug.

So this is the story...

At a cocktail reception, a man found himself in a small group that included an admiral from each of the two navies. The French admiral started complaining that whereas Europeans learned many languages, Americans only learned English. He then asked, "Why is it that we have to speak English in these conferences rather than you have to speak French?" Without even hesitating, the American admiral replied, "Maybe it is because we arranged it so that you did not have to learn to speak German."
The group became silent.

After spending half my life in the Navy, I can see this probably did happen, just not like it says here.


No comments: