Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Her priorities are a little askew

I have what I call a part time job with the Union that pays 5 days pay every month. (That means 40 hours worth of Union Foreman pay) It also includes all my expenses for doing the position. Stamps, mileage, phone bills, internet access, etc...

Bridget has a job that gives her several days a week at minimum wage. It also costs her about 5 to 6 dollars a day in gas to get to and from that job.

I get to do my job when I have time as long as I get all the work done.

lately, she has to work on the only days I have off and several which I work my normal job.

So, which is better?

A job that works around my schedule and pays very well, is fairly easy to do, and is a good money making opportunity? I mean shit, the part time job I have will not only pay for the phone bill, cell bill, internet access (All of which I use for Union business), but the truck payment, insurance bill, and the electric bill. Nearly all our expenses besides groceries and house payment.
Or is it her job that pays nearly nothing. Who can really live on minumum wage now? Seriously? Plus, her 'hobby job' as I wrongly call it causes her to spend more money on material and fabric we don't need, and is a constant struggle to keep what materials and fabrics we have from over running the house.

You tell me why I am sitting at home doing all the crap she can't do that needs to be done the 50 hours I am out working every week and all the Union business I always have to do every month.
All while she is working for minimum wage a couple of hours a week and wasting my day off where I could be doing something with the kids besides laundry, dishes, and cleaning all the shit up in this damn house?.

Now you tell me, which is better?


No comments: