Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My cell phone is lost and something prompted me.

When I was initially asked if I wanted "insurance" for my cell phone, I snidely scoffed at the kid behind the counter. Then, something popped into my head saying,

"You should get this, it is an expensive phone. You know you will probably loose it off the train."
So for $5 a month, I have (had) insurance on our cell phones.

Last week, I lost the phone. There is no one who had found it. I am kinda distraught. The thing had lots of phone numbers which will take me months to retrieve.

When ever you get a number to put into your phone, always write it down somewhere else so you are not screwed when you get a replacement.
Anyway, I had lots of stuff in there. I even had pictures which I feel are not replaceable. Sure, life will go on and in 100 years, no one will care what pictures I lost, But they mattered to me.

Today, I called Cincinnati Bell Wireless and told them what happened. The person on the phone gave me a number and 5 minutes and a $35 deductible later, I have a new preprogrammed phone on the way. It should be here by Friday. I am so glad that I got the insurance. The thought of going through the paces of buying a new cell was very bad. I just didn't want to spend the money for another one.

So, I guess that little voice in my head was right. I needed to get the insurance. I guess I need to keep it too. I feel another loss is in the future. I can surmise that at some time, I will be riding on the side of a boxcar across a river, look down and it will fall out of what ever pocket I have it tucked into.

Remember, "Murphy's Law is in effect"


No comments: