Thursday, March 31, 2005

Doing what you want with your life?

I have tried to help Jon with getting a meaningfuljob, but he 'will not' even get me a resume to work with. I know I could get him on in the car shop. He had been around Cathy too much.

Since I met her, I was always the one who wanted (and still wants) to do everything possible. She never really had that drive. I would trade everything but Bridget and the kids to get into something exciting.

My one wish for this year is that Jon does something bold and exciting. Since I can remember, he has lowered his sights and I can blame myself about 20% for that. I could not be around him since Cathy was the cause of the breakup of the family I had. I could not be there to drive him. She drove him, right down from 'wanting' to be a pilot in the Air Force when he was 7 or 8, down to 'hoping' to be a gas station attendant when he was a freshmen in high school. I am worried that he will just sit and let the world go by.

Whe told me (for the third time) that Cathy said (Jon't words) she was waiting for him to graduate so she could get him out of the house, I couldn't see why. I would have done anything to have him live with me. But that was not meant to be.

Jon, if you read this, please send me a resume & call me. I want to help, but I can't do it for you. It's your life.


No comments: