Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What to do with the tax refund???

While many people have the notion of what they will do with their tax refund check, like

  • Buying a motorcycle,
  • Taking a trip to Hawaii,
  • Getting that new wide screen HDTV,
  • Or even a new really fast gaming computer,
I have a much more humble idea of what to do.

I have been making a list of things I need to get with my return. Here are just a few items I would like to get if I actually get a refund check:

  • 14 pair of socks (so I have two pair for every day),
  • New shoes for each of the kids,
  • Paying my XM bill for a year, (this is a want, not a need)
  • An oil change and air filters for both vehicles,
  • A big bottle (or two) of Tide, not generic detergent,
  • 4 pair of socks for each Child,
  • Some little tank tops for Bridget to wear under her shirts,
  • Baseball shoes and sandals for each kid,
  • The dog needs to get his shots at the vet,
  • A toaster,
  • Pay the school fees (from September),
  • If possible, Scout camp for both boys and YMCA camp for Maryann this summer,
  • Bridget wants some Mascara and good conditioner,
  • And antivirus for the computers which expired in mid February,
So you see, these are not extravagant things. Just things we need.


No comments: