Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Tell me kids don't watch and understand.

For anyone who thinks that small children do not watch and grasp the news, think of this.

The Queen of Hearts, Mr. Disney, please don't sue me.While visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago, they took everyone to see a play. It was the local theater's version of "Alice in Wonderland". The kids watched it and they appeared to like the whole thing. The part that makes you think, it the things they equate to the characters later on. For example, I was talking to them the next day and we were watching Fox News. They were showing information on another hostage that was taken and what the possible outcome could be. All of a sudden, my son William turned and asked me the following question.

Is the Queen of Hearts a member of al Qaeda?
All she said was Off with their heads!

I didn't know what to say that one. It has been about two weeks, and I really still don't know how to address this one. He has not brought it up again, so I am going to shelve it for the time being.

It is amazing that kids match up things like that. I wish that they didn't have to be exposed to things like that, but society is changing to where things just like this are blasted out on the news every hour of every day.


No comments: