Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jon stopping by.

     two weeks ago, Jon stopped by on his way to his tour in Japan. The kid is so skinny, it makes me hungry just to look at him. He is so hyper. All the workouts and such. He is a one of a kind kid.

     Well, we sat around and bull crapped about this and that. Things like cars, and boats and the Navy. Also responsibilities and family, bills, and things that effect us both. Jon sitting on the couch while at a stopover on his way to Japan.  Click on this picture to see a bigger version. All the things that we had in common.

     We did get him to stay a few hours and get some sleep. He really does not have a room here and William was adamant that he sleep in his bedroom. We both went to bed at about 1 AM and he wanted to get up early so I set my alarm.

     At 5 AM, I went up and was going to wake him up, but I just had to watch him sleep for 10 minutes. Yeah, he is 22 and all, but I think the last time I did that was in 1993. He still sleeps with his eyes open. It is comforting (to me) to watch him sleep. I will not get into the specifics of why he didn't live with me in his teens. I will just say that I missed him all this time.

      Sometimes you just have to love your kids, no matter what happens in our lives.


This page is labeled with ICRA

No comments: