Friday, July 15, 2005

Bridget's Bio

This is the first time I've posted a blog. Usually I write with pen and ink in my journals. I like the tactile sensation of holding the ink pen while I am writing. This typing stuff will take some getting used too. Todd and I figured that since the kids have to write in the family blog, Mom (Me) should have to also.

Lets start with brief history of me. I was born in North Hollywood, California in the late 60's to left over hippies. We moved all the time. East L.A. Ca.; Seattle WA.; Tujunga, CA.; Nampa, ID; Medford, OR; back to Nampa, ID. There I graduated from High school.

I went to college at Boise State University, ran out of money. Then I joined the Navy. Went all over the world. Saw great things and miserable things. The best thing that military service did for me, was to show me how wonderful America really is. I don't think anyone can truly appreciate this country until they have traveled and seen how much worse the rest of the world is.

Now today I am living in Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband and three children. I would prefer to move out West to Western Montana, or Idaho. But we are here. In Ohio. There are no Mountains and I always joke to the kids that the reason I get lost while driving is because without the Mountains to show what direction I am in, I get lost. They are getting old enough to realize that I just get lost a lot.

We recently moved from a big old farm back to the city. This is some adjustment. We sold the Farm because Todd knows I want to move. Now we are looking for property closer to where he is working, but not near people. Since I have such an abrasive personality, we decided it would be better to not live near other people.

We both want to build a monolithic dome home. I looked at some sites in New Richmond, Ohio. Pretty little river town, good school district for the kids. Gotta go get the cat, he is on top of the TV.


No comments: