Saturday, June 25, 2005

Cincinnati Marshals Win!!!

Cincinnati MarshalsWe went to see the Cincinnati Marshals play football tonight at U.S.Bank Arena and they WON!!! The Marshals played the Tri-Cities "Fever" team from Washington state. The Marshals now go the playoffs and if tonight's performance is any indicator, they are going all the way to the top!

The score was always in the Marshals favor from the beginning. The Marshals picked up a touchdown early in the first quarter and never gave up their lead. This team proved tonight that they can perform very well together as a single, well organized unit.

I am very impressed with this team. I have never witnessed a game in the NIFL or National Indoor Football League. I have to say, after only one game, I am hooked. This was the best team of professionals I have ever seen. They worked so well together & I can not explain it.

I spoke to some of the family of the players while waiting for the players to return to the field after their win. Apparently the previous management did nothing to forward the team. This was unfortunate. But tonight things have changed. The new head coach is Tony Wells and he really was out there with and for the team. From what I gathered from the team families, Mr. Wells has really turned the team around in a very short period of time.

One other thing. If you have not heard of the Marshals, I understand. I was only introduced to the team two weeks ago. My family had gone and seen a game while I was working. They purchased tickets and we went today. This is the first time I can think of when I truly enjoyed attending a football game. The players were friendly to the fans and were trying very hard to be inspirational to everyone. This was a absolutely a great time.

I am going to write a letter to the Marshals tomorrow to tell them how much I enjoyed the game. I will try and post it after I get it sent out.


No comments: