Saturday, September 25, 2004

The Rupture Essence

A poem by Ayesha Ekanayake

Trembling uncontrollably with fear,
Panic-stricken chaos engulfs my mind,
Such a frail unstable state.
Amid,
Once easily shattered by one fragile touch,
Fingerprints that will never be seen, yet remembered.
A spirit,
Abandoned, tormented and left unheard,
A shattering scream cries out...
The bitter tears blister my cheeks,
A crack,
Appears on my skin
My soul slowly seeps through the cracks
Serenity flows in my veins,
I begin to fade,
The sun rises,
I yearn for my tears,
I am lonely for my loneliness
Insecurity,
Swallows me whole.

This was composed by a friend. Ms. Ekanayake has exclusive rights to this work and has allowed me permission to republish the poem here.

To view the project as a whole, click on the seperator bar below.


No comments: